Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Bit of R&R... at Least That's the Idea

I am away for three days in Glenwood Springs. For those who don't know, it is a hot springs town in the mtns of Colorado and they have a huge pool that uses natual spring water from the local hot springs. The water comes out of the spring at about 122 degrees but for obvious reasons, they do cool it with fresh water. My family has been coming up here for years... since my dad was a kid. When I was younger, the whole family would load up in their cars and drive up for a 3 day break. You swim all day and when not in the water, you just hang out by the pool munching on cookies, chips, and whatever other junk food you may desire. Well, the family stopped coming up here awhile back. Everyone just got so busy as us kids were all getting older. We all usually make it up here about once a year, just not all together. We are fortunate enough this year, we have my cousins little girl with us. She is a complete beauty and I absolutely adore her. I hope to get some fun pictures while we are here but it will take me a little while to get them up on here. Well, I am off for a night of sleep so that I am ready and refreshed for a day at the pool tomorrow!!!

No comments: