Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I am Truly Blessed

Tonight after spending the evening with friends, I was taking Amy back to her house and I was telling her how this year has been so full of things that one would rather not have to deal with and that I am just wishing I could crawl into a hole and come out after the new year and start fresh. It really has been a rough year. But then after I dropped her off and I was headed home for the night, I really got to thinking. After so many years with just a couple 'local" friends, none of whom I really saw on a regular basis, I finally have some friends that I feel really close to here. Don't get me wrong, I have a few friends who I hold near and dear to my heart and I don't know what I would do without them, especially Dawn, but it is really rough when they live 2000 miles away from you. This evening just really got me to thinking, after complaining and feeling really down about the way the year has gone for me, if it hadn't been for this year, I really don't think I would have Amy and Dara in my life right now. I thought, there is one blessing I have in my life and I really need to lean on that. But then I double checked myself thinking... wait a minute now, you have so many more blessings in your life. A great loving family, a roof over my head, my freedom, God and His gift to us on earth in the form of His Son, my health and so many more things. I need to start thanking God for those blessings more often. With that said, I feel especially blessed tonight in the friendship I have formed with these two really great gals. Thanks Amy and Dara for your friendship and support and for helping me open my eyes and see what I am truly blessed with. You guys are great!







One thing totally off topic... Recently we redid my bathroom and I am so incredibly happy with the outcome that I want to share it with everyone.

No comments: