Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Dreams

Well, as you can see from my links here, I am completely and totally intrigued with adoption. Specifically China adoption. I am not currently in the adoption process but I truly hope to be in the not too distant future. It will all depend on a few things falling in place. First, I want to buy a house. Then as soon as I have that covered, I can start to more seriously consider adoption. I have a strong pull toward China however, that may not be possible by the time I am ready. The Chinese government requires that an adoptive parent be at least 30... I am only 27, so I have a few years to wait. Right now there have been mumblings of China not allowing singles to adopt anymore so I may have to go in a different direction. Yes, I am single... some may ask why would I make the conscious decision to be a single parent. Trust me, I know that is a big deal. The thing is, I have always wanted to be two things in my life, a wife and a mother. Truthfully, the wife thing doesn't show a whole lot of promise right now. But just because that may never happen, I am not willing to give up my dream of being a mother quite yet. I drive down the street and imagine what it would be like to have a little girl in the back seat and singing with her... it seems so real. I know, I could wait a little longer and adopt a bit later in life... but I want to be a young mom, I want to be able to get down on the floor with them and play and run in the park with them. So eventually this may become my adoption blog but for the time being, it will be about my dreams and what my life really is.

No comments: