Monday, September 11, 2006

I need a vacation from my vacation

Seriously... I am absolutely exhausted. But I had a blast too. No hurricane came our way. We did get rain everyday except Saturday. I got in late on Thursday evening and had to drive an hour and a half to where my friends live. It rained on the way there. On Friday, I went and picked up my friend D and her two kids, C and J, where they are living with D's MIL (hence the reason I was in a hotel). It was the first time I saw J (he's only 2 months old). He is a BIG BABY!!! He weighs 14 1/2 pounds... just half what his sister, who is 3 1/2, weighs. But he is a handsome little one. We went swimming at the pool at my hotel while it was raining. We went back to their place for dinner and then the four of us stayed at my hotel that night (D's hubby B was in Orlando visiting a college friend). On Saturday after B met us for breakfast before going to work, another friend of ours BJ came down with her two boys and we all went swimming and hung out in the hotel room. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast playing together and then were all tuckered out by dinner time. It was just D, B, C, J and myself for dinner... which we took to a park and ate so C could play. We all went home for the night. On Sunday, after church where I ran into some other friends, R and H, we went to dinner and B and D's house and then headed over to Daytona to the beach. It was a bit cloudy (still got burned though) and the waves were really big and rough because of Hurricaine Florence which was off the coast. Then we went to D's parents for dinner and to visit. I then got in my rental car and drove to Orlando where I stayed up entirely too late watching a movie and had to get up this morning at 8 to get ready to go to the airport to fly home. Here it is 7:30, I am at home, and I am ready to go to bed already... We missed the shuttle launch on Saturday but I had fun anyway. Here is my favorite photo from my trip...

No comments: