Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am finally back

Well, I made it back from NYC on Tuesday evening and I am just now getting around to posting. I have not been consistent about posting. But I am okay with that. Not like anyone really reads this anyway. I really did enjoy my trip, although there was not enough time to see/do a fraction of the stuff I wanted to do. When I got in on Saturday, it was 72 degrees!!!! That's right, it was so warm they had even had to close the ice skating rinks in the city because the ice was melting. Sunday, I went to the Empire State Building and went shopping. I got the silver bracelet from Tiffany & Co. which I have wanted for sooo long. I love it, but I am afraid to wear it too many places as I really don't want to lose it. So then I think... what was the point in buying it in the first place... so I will try to consciously wear it as much as is appropriate. I had a ticket to the Sunday matinee of Mary Poppins. I loved the show just as much as I love the movie. After the show I wandered around Times Square. There are a LOT of people there!!!! Even in January when the temperature is supposed to be in the 30's. Crazy people... but wait... I am one of those crazy people. Oh well. It started raining that night and it rained all Monday morning. Therefore meaning I didn't get to do a whole lot. I was planning on trying to make it down to Rockefeller to be in the crowd outside the Today show... but I didn't hear my alarm clock. So I finally got up and made it down there and took the NBC Studio Tour. The best thing about the tour was when we got to go into the studio where they tape Saturday Night Live. Other than that it was pretty uneventful. I then headed back to the hotel to eat and then I was hoping to make it down to go out to the Statue of Liberty. They closed the ticket window 10 minutes before I got there. I was really bummed. I plan on going again though.

On Saturday evening my friend D called to wish me an early Happy Birthday as she was unsure if she would be able to call on Sunday. Her daughter C, who I absolutely love and adore, got on the phone and sang Happy Birthday to me. She will be 4 at the end of January. It was so precious and touching. When I got back, I got onto MySpace and D had left me a note that C one day out of the blue said to her mom... "Mom, Aunt R knows how to find our house right?" D said C misses me so much.... C I miss you more than you could possibly imagine. I will get to see them in 3 weeks... my mom and I are staying with them the night before we have to be to the port for our cruise. I am excited even if it will only be for a few hours... that is better than nothing. Well, I will leave now with a couple pictures from my trip....

No comments: